Sunday, January 20, 2008

Life is a game. Let's play!


Living, loving and learning are a unique game for Nobu. "Hep me! Hep me," with outstretched arms and the charming smile, could only mean to save him from the lava. This is done by pulling his dense (as in mass/volume) little body up by his arms to the bed and letting him know that Nobu is now safe.
"Where's Nobu?" or "No hands," are favorites. We love Eskimo and butterfly kisses and kiss/no kiss where one of us will ask for a kiss, and just as our lips get close, turn our head and say, "No kiss." Of course I will try to be fast and still sneak a kiss in. Oh, and isn't it funny if he is able to pummel me with snowballs trying to knock me down, which can sometimes be done with tornado-strength blowing. In this picture, taken almost one year ago he is enjoying the snow park and running along the cross-country trails, pointing out the snow, trees, deer tracks and even takes a moment to share a smile.
Nobu, Attila and Athena love to run around the house naked, screaming and playing some no-rule tag. Each one, brother and sister, have special games they play and they have their own special language with Nobu. Their giggles are like cherubic chimes, inspiring me to choose wisely. They love to watch their pictures as slide shows on the screen, calling out the names and pointing to each one.
Growing in body, mind and spirit, so many things he does now without mimicry, are so beautiful to me. Without fail, every morning he greets the gatos (cats) by hugging them and carrying them about, and all they want is breakfast, but they are amazingly tolerant and he adores them. Is it unthought of to be so mesmerized by one's offspring?
He loves to sing (the only one of us in the correct key), share ( he always makes sure "Afena" and Attila have some of what he does), and draw. Stunned, I recently found that he can draw people with heads, eyes, bodies, arms, legs, feet and hands. Each body part meaningful. He often will have stories accompanying but I have not fully learned his language in fine detail.
His heart speaks to me and I listen. May I do well by him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful incites for today. I love your site. I have it on my desktop. Especially, like the naked play. That gives them freedom and appreciation of the beauty that God has given them.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home