Sunday, October 22, 2006

Bonds of Brotherhood


Attila is the Best Big Brother and he takes his role seriously, even if that means he always gets the bigger "half". He loves Nobu and shows him many things. When we picked up Bu from school one day Attila held his hand, looked at Nobul's artwork, and said, "Wow Nobu, you did a good job."

Nobu often likes to play chase with Attila. They are getting so much faster. Here they sit on a redwood exploring, climbing, and running. In this photograph they just finished looking over the edge of a cut redwood tree that had fallen.

It is my wish that they grow up very close, so I foster that relationship. One of the movies I really appreciate is Legends of the Fall. It is the relationship of the young brothers that seems so romantically nostalgic. I once had a brother where I felt we were close, yet those times were so long ago. We pretended to be James West and Artimus (sp?) Gordon and used my father's junk mail as important correspondence from the government.

My boys will not only play, but one day hopefully, really regard each other's strengths as ones they benefit from and be proud of the other. Boys will be boys, and one day these boys will be men. Good, strong and loving men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home