Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The first night

Ok! Finally after much ado, not so much about nothing, here is the first of hopefully many and consistent blogs. How does one raise kids in pure Nirvana? We live in one of the most beautiful places with so much to look forward to. Nature has a full bounty of flora and fauna.

Now personally my home-grown pumpkin patch was a failure this year, especially compared to last year. We had moved from California and had been here maybe 2 weeks when I planted a hurried pumpkin patch. We had quite a few beautiful orange orbs with very cool stems, so of course I thought the next year would be even better. Ha ha, laughed the pumpkin gods, because I might have 3 little pumpkins, as of this moment, ready for the big day. Now we have to go and buy them, which will be fun as there are very cool pumpkin farms (so I hear), but I was really hoping.

Computer saavy is not something I call myself, but I will try to figure out how to post photos, so here goes for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Warrior Womb said...

Just checking.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like "Little House on the Prairie" - how peaceful. Your children are lucky to grow up there and with a great mom. Good luck with the pumpkins next year. I've grown pumpkins many times in my life and have gotten some good size ones and other years just little ones. My friends tried to grow them this year and coddled them all summer long, just to have one grow to the size of an orange and than shrivel away. So, the husband went out and bought a pumpkin and placed it in the vines and called his wife out to see. She was amazed and then realized it was a joke. Pumpkin stories. . .

6:58 AM  
Blogger Warrior Womb said...

A cute story by Jill. "My friends tried to grow them this year and coddled them all summer long, just to have one grow to the size of an orange and than shrivel away. So, the husband went out and bought a pumpkin and placed it in the vines and called his wife out to see. She was amazed and then realized it was a joke."

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, my dear, your children are so lucky to have you as their Mom. I had heard from Fred that they were just lovely, little human beings. Obviously, they have you to thank for being so spiritually centered. Enjoy them my dear, enjoy your beautiful surroundings. Thank you so much for sharing. I very much enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading about what is taking place in your life.

You have my love and admiration.
Ileana

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home